What can our Lactation Educator help you with? Erica can help with the following:
- answer Lactation (breastfeeding/chestfeeding/pumping) questions that come up for clients during the prenatal & postpartum periods;
- help clients prepare for lactation:
-Breastfeeding, Chestfeeding, Pumping, or however Lactation looks for your family;
- provide information & strategies for the best possible start to your lactation journey;
- educate the public on lactation related issues;
- be a general advocate for Lactation, as it relates to Population Health;
- offer a comforting & non-judgmental space for clients to discuss lactation & human milk feeding.
Erica can also offer an experienced perspective for feeding. To date, she has almost 4 years of feeding experience. Erica has personally used a SNS (Supplemental Nursing System), spoon method, syringe & tube method. She has also had to supplement, and use lactation medicine/aids in her lactation journey.
Erica understands the importance of supportive collaboration within the healthcare system. Her role is one as an educator and counsellor, NOT a Lactation Consultant. However, Erica can appropriately refer clients to a Lacation Consultant or other medical professional. Lactation Educators are not qualified to offer medical advice or suggest that families act against medical advice.
If you or your family are interested in lacation education please book with Erica Pisciotto.
What can our Lactation Consultant help you with? Victoria can help with the following:
- your concerns, your birth, and your health history;
- work on positioning and latch, breast and/or nipple pain, pumping, low or oversupply concerns, blocked ducts/mastitis, and bottle feeding;
- monitor the baby’s growth and assess how well the baby is able to transfer milk during feeding;
- making a plan that feels best for your goals and what your day-to-day reality looks like;
- organize a follow-up to see how our plan worked in action and make adjustments as you and your baby continue to change.
Through her experience she has grown passionate about supporting families through all of the struggles of infant feeding from the first feed to the last without judgement, pressure or over expectations. She will help you meet your feeding goals, whatever they may be.
Victoria is here to listen and assist you meeting whatever goals work best for your family. Please know Victoria will never pressure you to continue on a plan that is not serving you and your family. Formula or breastmilk or combo, breast or bottle, Victoria is here to educate and support as best as she can.
If you or your family are interested in a lactation consultation please book with Victoria Munro.
Individual Lactation Education & Support Session
Education and support for prenatal & postpartum periods.
If this is the first time I am seeing you and your baby this is the appointment for you.
We will discuss how things have gone since our last visit, do a weight check to see how baby is growing and then do another weighted feed (especially if supply or weight gain were primary concerns).
Private Breastfeeding Class
This private class is a chance to get all of your questions answered. We will follow a
general class structure, but customize to your concerns and lifestyle. You can come alone, but partners are always welcome!